My wife and I are interested in returining to Acharavi. We last visited in 1989 pre-children. Questions:
1. Is it still a great holiday area?
2. Is the beach still mostly sand with a little shingle?
3. Recommendations for s/c accommodation for 5, near beach, tavernas etc, bright, spacious, clean and hopefully with communal pool.
4. Are changeover days flexible? At the min I can only get flights on a Monday.
5. Is car hire necessary to enjoy Acharavi only?
We stayed in the ano for a week at then end of may they are clean and spacious there is a little kitchenette with a fridge and a 4 ring hob, a mini oven a kettle some pots and pans and cuttlery.The road can be a little noisy during the night but its not unbearable and some apartments overlook the gardens anyway. All in all we had a nice stay there.
It was pretty good even though they did lock the gates on us one night. The apartments are clean and large and the balconies are nice. The position is quality. Right on the main drag just down from Sonics and Skarabeos which both are worth a visit. We had a blinding time. Wasnt very quiet while we were there mind
whats this place like?? any photos or anythin would be great!